The Return of the Member index includes three components: Return to the Savers, Return to the Borrowers, and Member Service Usage. This last component measures how efficiently a credit union provides and promotes services to their members. The leaders in this category are those credit unions that have a high core account relationship with their members.
he factors of Member Service Usage are:
- Number of Share Draft Accounts / Members (25%) -- Do members consider the credit union to be the primary financial institution?
- Number of Auto Loan Accounts / Members (15%)-- Auto lending accounts for 40% of the average credit union=s loan portfolio. Are members using the credit union?
- Number of Credit Card Accounts / Members (15%)-- How much has the credit union penetrated the membership for credit cards?
- Total Loan and Savings Accounts / Members (15%)-- Does the credit union provide a large variety of lending services?
- Fee Income / Members (15%)-- Does the credit union charge less than its peers for fees?
- Three Year Member Growth (15%)-- Is the credit union bringing in new members?