Credit unions enjoy continued momentum in member growth, share draft growth, and lending in the first quarter of 2012.
- Since January 1, 2012 credit unions added 710,000 members, a figure 62% higher than the 439,000 gained in the fourth quarter.
- Credit union members opened 2.5 million checking accounts in the past 12 months ended March 31.
- Share balances increased 6.7% over the last 12 months, led by a 16% increase in share draft balances.
- Credit unions originated $72.5 billion in loans in the first three months of 2012, a 25% increase over 2011 levels. This was the highest first quarter on record for the industry.
|Click the image above for
The Quarterly Report: 1Q 2012
| Click the image above for the
Consolidated Financial Statement
- Download a copy of Callahan’s 1Q12 Trendwatch Slides.
- Watch Callahan’s 8-minute highlights reel of Callahan’s 1Q12 Trendwatch.
- Watch the Callahan’s 1Q12 Trendwatch Call in its entirety on-demand.
- Upload the Trendwatch graphs into your Peer-to-Peer software (get more information about Peer-to-Peer’s custom graphing and sharing capabilities).