Quarterly performance data for the entire credit union is available. Highlights include:
- Total membership rose by more than 2 million in the 12 twelve months, an annual rate of 2.3%
- Members added more than $57 billion in new balances over the past 12 months.
- Year?to?date auto sales increased by 18.3% over June 2011, with credit unions capturing 15.0% of autoloan originations in the second quarter.
- Investment balances are at record highs. Total credit union investments reached $391.5B in June 2012.
- Total non?interest income grew 14.0%.
- Total employee compensation and benefits reached $7.7 billion through the first six months of 2012, a 6.3% annual increase.
- Credit union capital increased 5.8% to $112.5B.
- The average annualized loan origination per employee increased to $1.28 million.
For the full picture of how credit unions performed during the second quarter of 2012, download Callahan & AssociatesThe Quarterly Report: 2Q 2012 and The Consolidated 2-Year Credit Union Financial Statement.